Preview & Print


Preview & Print


Steps (3) arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Real property trust  (2) expand_more expand_less
National Foreign Investment Registry (RNIE)  (1) expand_more expand_less

arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Summary of the procedure

Process to make use of a property located in the coastal or border zone by a foreigner (private individual or corporation).

The foreigner cannot acquire a property located in the coastal or border zone, but can make use of the property through the establishment of a trust.

First, the foreigner must go to a Mexican bank that must obtain permission to establish a trust with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Subsequently, the foreigner and the Mexican bank must formalize the trust before a Notary Public.

Finally, the Mexican bank must register the trust in the National Foreign Investment Registry.

To enter each procedure, select it in the steps column on the left

Powered by eRegulations ©, a content management system developed by UNCTAD's Business Facilitation Program and licensed under Creative Commons License