Preview & Print


Preview & Print


Steps (3) arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Real property trust  (2) expand_more expand_less
National Foreign Investment Registry (RNIE)  (1) expand_more expand_less

arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Summary of the procedure

The process to make residential use of a property located in the coastal or border zone by a Mexican company that admits foreign shareholders.

The Mexican company cannot acquire a property located in the coastal or border zone intended for residential purposes, but can make use of the property through the establishment of a trust.

First, the Mexican company must go to a Mexican bank that must secure permission to establish a trust with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Subsequently, the Mexican company and the Mexican bank must record the trust before a Notary Public.

Finally, the Mexican bank must register the trust in the National Foreign Investment Registry .

To access each procedure, select it in the steps column on the left

Powered by eRegulations ©, a content management system developed by UNCTAD's Business Facilitation Program and licensed under Creative Commons License