Preview & Print


Preview & Print


Steps (2) arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Apply for a temporary resident visa at the embassy or consulate expand_more expand_less
Obtain a visa Optional
Entering Mexico (Immigration controls)  (1) expand_more expand_less
Resident card at the INM  (1) expand_more expand_less

arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Summary of the procedure

If your goal is to invest and reside in Mexico, you need to apply for a temporary residence visa. This allows you to travel to Mexico and stay for a period of 180 days and up to 4 years.

The process has three stages in which the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs (SRE) and the National Institute of Migration (INM) participate.

To secure the visa you must verify that you meet any of the following criteria:

  • Have investment in capital equity in a Mexican legal entity or ownership in a movable property of more than exceeds $ 3,457,400 MXN, which equals 20,000 days of the general minimum wage in force in 2022.

  • Have real estate in Mexico or acquire trust rights in an amount that exceeds $ 6,914,800 MXN, which equals 40,000 days of the general minimum wage in force in 2022.

  • Pursue economic or business activities, provided you employ at least three workers.

While the visa is being process, you will be issued an authorization with a validity of 180 days under which you must enter Mexico.

At the time of your entry, you will be documented using a Multiple Migratory Form (FMM) which is valid for 30 calendar days. Within this 30-day window, you must go to the INM office to obtain your temporary residence card.

To access each procedure, select it in the steps column on the left

Powered by eRegulations ©, a content management system developed by UNCTAD's Business Facilitation Program and licensed under Creative Commons License