Preview & Print


Preview & Print


Steps (5) arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Temporary visa  (1) expand_more expand_less
Resident card at the INM  (2) expand_more expand_less
Register with the tax administration expand_more expand_less
National Foreign Investment Commission (CNIE)  (1) When applicable expand_more expand_less
Social Security (IMSS)  (1) When applicable expand_more expand_less
National Foreign Investment Registry (RNIE)  (1) expand_more expand_less
Register user Optional
Mexico Business Information System (SIEM)  (1) expand_more expand_less

arrow_drop_up arrow_drop_down
Summary of the procedure

This process applies to foreign individuals who wish to engage in an economic activity on their own such as restaurants, consultants, among others.

First, you will have to secure your temporary residence visa, upon which you can enter Mexico and apply for your residence card. Likewise, you will have to go to the Tax Administration Service (SAT) to obtain your unique registration code (RFC) and your e-signature, with which you can perform many procedure online.  

If you employ workers, you must register as an employer with the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS).

Additionally, you must apply for registration in the National Foreign Investment Registry (RNIE), which is responsible for gathering foreign investment statistics in Mexico.

Finally, you must register your establishment with the Mexican Business Information System (SIEM), where you can consult or promote products or services.

To enter each procedure, select it in the steps column on the left

Powered by eRegulations ©, a content management system developed by UNCTAD's Business Facilitation Program and licensed under Creative Commons License